The Center for Disease Control (CDC) and local governing bodies continue to release guidelines for keeping patrons safe and healthy during visits to the gym in the time of COVID-19. We are keeping a close eye on gym cleaning guidelines and social distancing practices to ensure that we remain in compliance with requirements and prioritize your health before all else.
We have compiled a list of the practices that we have implemented in order to make sure that your experience at Northglenn Health and Fitness is not only fun and fitness-focused, but also safe.
Pre-Arrival & Arrival Procedures
- Online reservations for any appointments or classes are required. This ensures group sizes are within regulations and allows us to notify everyone in case of possible exposure.
- Your Coach will check you in on their personal device when you arrive
Utilizing Outdoor Space
- We are using the outdoor space (weather permitting) on days when our class is at 25% occupancy.
Social Distancing & Limited Contact
- We have created 4ft x 8ft spaces for each athlete equipped with everything you need to get on with your fitness!
- Everyone has been given their own whiteboard and bag of personal chalk (let the Coach know if you need a refill)
- Each person is assigned their space and their own area on the rig
- Gym set-up allows for appropriate social distancing as you workout
- Air high fives and verbal encouragement in the place of high fives and fist bumps in order to limit physical contact
- Garage door will remain open and fan will run in order to promote air circulation out of the gym
Extra Precautions with Equipment
- There is no sharing of equipment (unless you are from the same household, but even then it is not necessary – we now have enough)
- Each piece of equipment is cleaned and sanitized after each class and set to dry
- The next class will receive new equipment
- Leave all equipment in your area once the workout is complete, staff will clean the equipment – unless you are told otherwise
Wear a Cloth Face Covering
- All staff, including Coaches, are required to have a face covering on at all times
- Each athlete should wear a mask as well.
As we discuss the things that we are doing in order to keep our community safe and healthy, it’s also worth acknowledging that there are also things that you can do to add to our efforts as well:
- Stay home if you are sick or suspect an oncoming illness
- Use social distancing during unstructured time, and avoid communal gatherings before and after classes
- Wash and/or sanitize hands upon arrival and after your class
- Wear a cloth face covering whenever walking past other members to the restrooms or outside, etc.
We are so glad that you continue to prioritize your health and our community during this unprecedented time. You are each an example of overcoming challenges and embracing new ones – this is no different! Together we can keep moving toward fitness and care for one another.
If you are looking for a gym that is following the rules and keeps its members safe – look no further. Set up an appointment to come in and meet with us today! (Bring your mask) ***If you are still not comfortable working out around other people we have personal training packages that go from 30 minute sessions to 60 minute sessions, depending on what you need. As well as online training you can do from home, vacation, anywhere.**